Friday, October 3, 2008

Is it better to be smart or dumb?

I have been pondering on this thought since I came to the office today. Sometimes you really tend to lose patience dealing with stupid people. Sila pa ang galit eh sila na nga ang mali? How stupid!

I googled the topic & found this site.

http://www.panopticoncentral.net/archive/2003/08/04/168.aspx

Here’s what it contains:
Chris points to an article that I saw talked about in the New York Times or some such place in the somewhat distant past. It reminds me of a story that my wife tells about when she was young and her sister asked her grandfather, "Papa Ali, is it harder to be smart or dumb?" His reply (more or less) was "It's harder to be smart. You see, dumb people don't know they're dumb, so it doesn't bother them. But the smart people have to deal with the dumb people."
The implication, though, of this article is that the answer really is "neither," because if dumb people don't know they're dumb and think they're smart instead, they're going to get just as annoyed by the supposedly "dumb" people they deal with.
As for me, I take no position as to which category of people I fall into. Safest position to take...


It’s so frustrating to think that smart ka na nga ikaw pa ‘yung kawawa! Kinda like if you are prettier, it has disadvantages you know?


Here are some notable comments:

# re: Is it better to be smart or dumb? 1/26/2007 5:49 PM Mr B
I would choose smart. They know what they want and how to get it and because you are smarter that most the competition for domanance and position is hardly competitive.

Now this is something na pangpa-lubag-loob.

Here’s another comment:

# re: Is it better to be smart or dumb? 10/28/2007 1:49 PM ASINGH
unfortunarly, dumb ones think they are smart, cuz they are too dumb to figure out that they are dumb. and smart people think they are dumb and constantly doubt themselves. if only it was the other way around........

Bakit nga ba?

Buti na lang I already left my previous company wih my oh-so-stupid boss, hahahha!


Kayo what do you think? Which is better? Smart or dumb?

No comments:

Post a Comment