Thursday, October 30, 2008

Taguig Police Breaking the Law in Bright Sunlight


Today I passed by the East Service Road in Taguig going to Makati (just before the right-turn to C5). I was surprised that a policeman stopped me in the middle of the road to let people cross the street to get into a jeep that is loading passengers in the middle of the street. It was usually the 'bayaran' of the jeepney drivers who do this, I almost didn't stop & was shocked at what I saw. There were even signs 'No loading & unloading' & the police itself is the one stopping the cars to load the jeepneys. Is the Taguig government paying them too little that they need some 5-peso or 10-peso tips from the jeepney drivers?

Another way for policemen to cause traffic in the streets of Metro Manila...

Only in the Philippines...

1 comment: