Monday, December 8, 2008

Chris Tiu is not human!


Ok, ok, I know I had a previous post where I was wondering if Chris Tiu was gay. But after I read an article (& more, since it got me interested so I googled more) about him I want to redeem myself. I mean, I don't care anymore what his gender is. Besides, even if he is gay I don't think he'd ever practice it, as I've read, he's a very religious guy. And if you know everything about him (& you probably do 'coz I'm delayed sa balita, especially in local showbiz & basketball, 2 topics I don't really care about), you probably really wouldn't mind his sexuality, considering all that he is about.

Ok, the title, the title of this post is not a negative ok? I mean it in a positive way, like, he's not like the rest of us. Consider all these stuffs I've read about him:

1. He graduated Management Engineering in 2007 (ok, in another article I read it was Management Economics, but it doesn't really matter does it? I think --- though I'm not really sure --- these are 'hard' courses in Ateneo --- although I know someone na Management Eco grad dun who worked in a callcenter 'coz he can't find another job, anyways, this is already 'too much' for a 'typical' baller, I mean, I know from LaSalle, since I went there in college, I did have a barkada who has a baller for a bf, she told she's not really looking into any future w/ him, because he doesn't plan on graduating, & all the ballers, she said, are like that, when they are finished playing in the UAAP, they'll just drop out of school, they have no intention of finishing, I know as well as I've had classmates who are ballers --- basket players --- & they rarely show up in class, once in a blue moon lang...I also had close friends na UAAP players --- o diba, dami ko friends pero I still don't watch basket --- & same din, they really don't take their studies seriously --- so Chris Tiu is definitely a cut above the rest --- or are Ateneans just like that?)

2. He is currently finishing his second major in Applied Math and Finance, with a minor in Chinese Studies (ok, so he is on his 2nd course! My gosh, I'm not really sure as well if mahirap itong course na toh but I heard that BS Math in LaSalle is hard, & they get really good jobs afterwards, I also heard other Ateneo players graduate in college & take MBA to continue playing for the UAAP --- I heard this from news as well as from classmates in Ateneo --- I took MBA there, although 'chicken' lang talaga MBA dun, hahaha! Anyways, Chris Tiu is different kc nga he's on his 2nd course, & of course, so much different from other basket players!)

3. He was elected barangay kagawad in Urdaneta Village, Makati City after his term as Sangguniang Kabataan chairman for five years. (oh my gosh, another thing he's doing w/ his life, where does he find the time? 'yung ibang basket players nga they will justify their shortcomings on academics, or on dropping out of school, because of basket, pero this guy, super dami & he can handle!)

4. He has a business called Chinky Chicken, which sells rice chicken meals in Ateneo and neighboring Miriam College campus. (I'm speechless!)

5. He plans to pursue his MBA abroad and start his own restaurant business. (Ok now this is the biggest plus for me, his life does not revolve around basketball, also read he's not yet decided on pursuing the PBA because it's only temporary, so smart! Unlike others who think that basket is their world! He knows what's important!)

6. He is working on a foundation together with Ateneo’s Center for Education Development, to provide scholarships and help schools set up their curriculum. (ok, I'm not a fan of charity except for those helping educate children --- because for me charity is 'enabling' yung katamaran or other negative na pag-uugali ng mga tao, but, if it's for children, & education, I'm all for it, education is the foundation of a good future)

Ayan, syempre busy pa sya sa ibang bagay like his blog & hosting job, but his story inspires me, as in super good role model sya, buti na lang nagchampion sila at sumikat sya!

Good luck Chris! When I read about you sabi ko I wanted to meet you at hingan ka ng advise sa mga problema ko sa buhay, haha! I don't have a crush on you (kc type ko mga maiitim at mga tamad mag-aral, hahaha!) but sana pag nagkaanak ako katulad mu :) Medyo nadepress din ako kc parang compared to Chris sinasayang ko ang buhay & talents na binigay ni Lord, wala akong ginawa kundi matulog! Hahaha! At plan ko pala na pag may anak na 'ko d ako papayag mag-basket sya, dapat concentrate sa studies (pangarap ko magkaron ng mga anak na super mag-excel sa academics & makapag-aral sa Ivy League schools or MIT! --- wala nga lang akong pang-tuition!), pero I realized 'nasa tao talaga un' baka sabihan pa ko ng anak ko "anong akala mu sakin mommy, bobs? kaya ko un ipagsabay no!", ok basta dapat dean's lister sya at hindi walang kwenta ang course (like sports & recreation management??? hahaha!)

1 comment:

  1. Guys please continue to campaign Mr. Chris Tiu in Top Teen Awards for TOP TEEN MALE HEARTTHROB.

    The link is here: www.topteenawards.com.ph

    If may alam pa kayo na ibang website groups (e.g. yahoo, multiply, friendster, blogs, facebook, etc) na related ky Mr. Chris Tiu, pls do tell/ inform/ remind them to vote and continously campaign Mr. Chris Tiu. By doing these things, there's a VERY BIG chance that Mr. Chris Tiu will win. At least through these things, makakatulong tayo sa pagkakapanalo niya.

    If you happened to revisit the Top Teen Awards website, pls leave a comment there why Mr. Chris Tiu is deserving for that award or better post in the site's Shoutbox to vote Mr. Chris Tiu. We can post in the Shoutbox everyday just to remind the voters.

    ONE BIG FIGHT!!!

    ReplyDelete